All our door handles come with a finish guarantee of 5, 12 or even 20 years for the most upmarket products.
20 years’ guarantee with PROTEC FINISHING® - (PVD process, also known as Titanium) - Very high strength treatment
The PHYSICAL VAPOR DEPOSITION (PVD) process is widely used in the manufacturing of microprocessors. This technique is now applied to some of our products to ensure exceptional durability and provide the decorative elements with maximum protection in all environments, even highly corrosive ones. The PVD (Physical Vapour Deposition) process involves applying a very thin, even film of metal compounds, such as titanium, onto the surface which needs to be protected, using a vacuum gas phase electrolysis process.
Titanium is a lightweight, strong metal with a metallic appearance and resistant to corrosion.
Titanium’s resistance to corrosion is a very interesting property, often associated with resistance to erosion, fire, scratching and oxidation.
The advantages of PROTEC FINISHING®
- The product is infinitely resistant to any alterations caused by superficial abrasions.
- The colour of the product does not deteriorate over time and the basic aesthetic characteristics last 20 years as a minimum.
- The surface is absolutely impervious to acids, solvents and all household cleaning products.
- PROTEC FINISHING® ensures resistance to corrosion in coastal, industrial and very humid environments, for longer than any other treatment: at least 20 years.
5 years’ guarantee with HIGH COAT® - High Resistance Paint
The process is composed of 4 main stages:
- Washing: the parts are cleaned and degreased using solvent-free, water-based products with zero environmental impact
- Pre-treatment: during this stage, the parts undergo a series of very important treatments in order to ensure a perfect adhesion of the paint. These particular treatments performed on the base material also greatly increase the corrosion resistance.
- Electrophoresis Painting: this type of painting has a high coating capacity, which means that it allows to uniformly combine the most complex forms together. Since no solvent is used, this treatment also has no impact on the environment.
- Baking and polymerization: this step involves baking the paint coating, allowing the resin to polymerise and become hard and transparent, acquiring all related technical properties.
The good mechanical functioning of our door handles is guaranteed for at least 12 years.
Guarantee Terms & Conditions
Our products are covered by finish category according to their category. Natural materials such as stainless steel as well as all other materials protected with a special coating (High Coat®), have been studied, designed and treated in such a way that they are covered by a specific guarantee for regular residential use. This guarantee does not cover oxidation caused by paints or chemical reagents used for cleaning.
All our products comply with the current EN standards and are guaranteed against all manufacturing defects for 12 years. The guarantee includes both fixed and moving parts.
Limitations of the guarantees:
The guarantees are not applicable in case of misuse, abuse, scratches or dents on the products. The guarantee will not apply in the case of replacement of the original product or changes in its mounting/fixing materials and parts. The guarantee will also not apply if the products are handled in a careless manner and/or if the cleaning instructions are not followed. The guarantee includes free replacement of the product, but does not cover installation fees or any other fees.